Deadline abstracts: February 2, 2024
IJAD invite you to contribute to the special issue of the International Journal for Academic Development (IJAD) Trust in and through Academic Development. A variety of submissions are sought, and both qualitative and quantitative research is welcomed. Authors are invited to submit a proposal through the IJAD proposal submission option at any point before 1 December 2023 if they would like to receive feedback on their ideas. The manuscript deadline is 2 February 2024.
In this issue, we seek to explore some of the following questions, among others that authors might propose:
- What do we mean by trust in relation to academic development?
- How do culture and context shape definitions and practices of trust in academic development?
- How do academic developers build trust in their work with academics?
- How do academic developers contribute to pedagogies and course designs that foster trust in teacher-student and student-student interactions?
- Is there a role for academic developers in facilitating trust between teachers and their institutions? If so, how might academic developers contribute towards this trust-building process, and how might it influence their relationship with the institution?
- How might/do academic developers help teachers cultivate trust with students when engaging with questions of academic integrity or disinformation?
- What is the importance of trust in academic development in the context of supporting inclusive teaching?
- When and why might it be appropriate for academic developers to cultivate mistrust? For example, should academic developers encourage critical mistrust in inequitable systems?
- What kinds of academic development might serve to build trust in a world where artificial intelligence is becoming more prominent?