Profession: Postdoc position with a special focus on Faculty Development in Higher Education in the Digital Age
Venue: Copenhagen Business School
Application deadline: January 15, 2019
The Department of Marketing at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for a vacant position as post doc in faculty development in higher education in the digital age. The successful applicant will be part of the cross-departmental project on Research in Blended Learning (RiBL), which will run until the end of 2022. The aim of the project is the construction of new knowledge about the future of technology-supported teaching and learning in Higher Education and its consequences and prospects for student learning. The RiBL project reflects CBS’s firm commitment to a continuous development of faculty and innovative pedagogical approaches, both online and offline. Besides being part of RiBL, the applicant will be affiliated with the department of marketing at CBS, which is a main contributor to the blended learning agenda.
The department of marketing focuses on contributing to a holistic understanding of the interactions and activities in the marketplace, and, towards that end, we draw on other academic disciplines to the extent that these disciplines improve the quality of our marketing research. The research of the Department covers several areas such as consumer behavior, business-to-business marketing, branding, corporate social responsibility, design, international marketing, strategic marketing, neuro science, and tourism marketing. Faculty members use a wide range of methods. The Department also is involved in teaching a palette of courses including branding, marketing strategy, digital marketing and sales management, business-to-business marketing, design, international marketing, and tourism marketing. Further, the department of marketing is in the forefront of implementing blended learning at CBS and contributes to research on blended learning and faculty development across and outside of CBS.
• A main responsibility is the contribution to the RiBL-project over the full duration of the post doc period.
• To publish in the higher ranked peer reviewed international journals (AJG-rank 3, 4 or 4* or journals of similar impact and quality).
• Seeking and establishing research collaborations with international researchers.
• Carry out research-based teaching and supervision, i.e. within faculty development.
• Rejuvenating existing sessions, courses and teaching programs and contributing to innovative new ones.
• Promoting CBSs academic reputation.
• Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBSs stakeholders in particular.
• Demonstrate citizenship by, for example, active participation in the regular research activities at the department, CBS, and wider discipline community.