Profession: JD for Educational Developer (Learning and Teaching)
Venue: Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU), China
Application deadline: February 1, 2019
Applications are invited for Lecturer/associate professor in the multidisciplinary topic of Educational Developmentwithin the Educational Development Unit, one of the key academic units in the Institute of Leadership and Education Advanced Development (ILEAD) at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU). XJTLU is a joint venture university established in 2006 by the University of Liverpool, UK and Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, situated within the city of Suzhou.
A key responsibility of this post is to support delivery of the institutional academic development programmes, primarily the PGCert in Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education (commencing 2018-19), as well as other CPD initiatives.
- Support the implementation, across the institution, of the University’s vision for Learning and Teaching.
- Delivery of modules on the CPS programme.
- Delivery of modules on the PGCert programme from the start of the academic year 2018-19 onwards.
- Support the development of an institutional academic development framework and ready relevant documentation for approval by the respective committees at XJTLU and the University of Liverpool, as well as accreditation by the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
- Provide expert and specialist advice and guidance to academic staff in developing excellence in teaching with a primary view of enhancing the student learning experience at XJTLU.
- Develop collaborative networks to identify and disseminate good practices in teaching and learning and evaluates their effectiveness.
- Recommend, lead and facilitate the effective sharing of good practices in assessments and other student evaluation.
- Act as a consultant/coach to academic staff seeking to enhance the quality of their teaching.
- Maintain and develop resources, including websites and other tools that facilitate national and international good practice in learning and teaching.
- Work closely with staff in other professional services to promote the use of appropriate technologies, facilities and methods in learning and teaching.
- Work collaboratively with the ILEAD, to contribute to achieving the strategic ambitions of the University in relation to academic enhancement and excellence in learning, teaching and research, and to contribute to achieving the ILEAD’s ongoing operational objectives.
- Keep up-to-date with changes and developments in related policies and procedures.
- Reflect on your own professional practice and keep abreast of current developments in learning and teaching through engagement with the wider community via subject associations, attendance and presentations at conferences, colloquiums and personal development days.
- Willing to engage in personal development and training and change the focus of the role, where appropriate, to meet the changing needs of the University.
- Engage with relevant committees, working groups and forums to raise awareness of pedagogic principles, share examples of best practice and highlight developments in the field.
- Carry out any other duties as required, commensurate with the role position.
- PhD degree in educational development or related area
- Experience in educational development in higher educational institutions