Date: April 15-17, 2020
Venue: Aarhus University, 4 Jens Chr. Skous Vej, 8000 Aarhus
Fee: Free - lunches at own costs
Registration deadline: April 9, 2020
The 'European Maturity Model for Blended Education in Europe', EMBED, is developed by a consortium of frontrunner universities in blended and online education: KU Leuven, TU Delft, The University of Edinburgh, Aarhus University, Dublin City University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences. It is coordinated by EADTU and funded by the European Commission.
This training will be an opportunity to learn about state of the art of blended learning, teaching, and education. You will learn how to apply new concepts in the context of your university. There will be presentations about blended learning adoption in a number of European institutions.
The participants will further be introduced to the multidimensional maturity model for course design and on the institutional strategies needed in order to implement it.
The training event focuses on the institutional and organisational level of blended learning. How are institutions organising support to the development of blended learning?
- Arne Kjaer, Aarhus University
- Christian Dalsgaard, Aarhus University
- Wiebe Dijkstra, TU Delft
- Willem van Valkenburg, TU Delft
- Yi-Shan Tsai, The University of Edinburgh
- George Ubachs, EADTU
Profile of participants:
- Teaching and learning departments developing blended and online learning and teaching models; supporting staff in course design teams; identifying patterns of good practice in their institution or in a network; collaborating with learning technology services and organising continuous professional development for teaching staff and program directors, or organising institutional evaluation and research on blended and online education.
- Learning technology departments providing learning-oriented technology infrastructure, tools and resources and supporting teaching staff.
- Internationalisation departments, responding to the needs for international blended or online courses and programs, online program collaboration and mobility schemes.
- University leaders, developing and implementing policies, strategies, frameworks and guidelines making their university continuously innovative; developing drivers and enablers for innovation; organising support services and continuous professional development for staff and program directors; stimulating and activating communities of practice and sharing educational resources; providing learning technology environments and tools; funding grassroot initiatives, program-based projects, institutional evaluation and research.
Wednesday 15.04.2020, 10.00 - 16.00, The european maturity model
- Defining blended learning, teaching and education
- Setting the scene: Introduction to the EMBED project and the Maturity Model
- How do we work with blended learning?
- Panel discussion
Thursday 16.04.2020, 09.00 - 17.00, Blended learning at your institution
- Characterising your own institution/department
- Aarhus University: Educational IT strategy 2018-2023
- Train the trainer session
Friday 17.04.2020, 09.30 - 13.00, National and european perspectives on blended learning
- Aarhus campus tour
- National and European level on blended learning
Please note that this training can be supported/funded via the Erasmus+ Staff Mobility grant.